Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Juju beat us all!

                


The best kind of art is the kind that takes you by surprise (usually). I was reading a very readable book when Juju Mia interrupted me to show me his work on the white board. I confess I was surprised by how good it was! Of course, I may be biased, but see for yourself:


 The artist, Juju, 3 years old by his work. He told me it was a "happy face" and a "cheetah bird." Which of course, I thought was brilliant.






As I type this, a large blue marker scrawl on the wall near my bed has caught my eye. And now I just looked around the room and smiled with satisfaction as I saw the many more spots he has covered. Him and I once had a tour around the house as I pointed out to him all the places that displayed his talent, and we'd attempt at cleaning them with a sponge and as I worked hard on them, I'd scold him and make him sit by me and suffer along with me. Little did I know it was a genius at work, and that I was being excruciatingly simple minded and much too straightforward for art to flourish. Well flourish it did. I humbly step back with utmost respect, and would like to declare, "Juju, you have full reign of the walls!" Though I don't speak on behalf of my mother, of course.

1 comment:

  1. HAHA! i feel that happy face bears a striking resemblance to the artist himself!
    PICASSO COULDNT DO BETTER THAN THIS.
    A hen

    ReplyDelete