Saturday, April 3, 2010

Zebra Visiting the Hen Coop

 .

water colours on printer paper  
use of oil pastels for the tornadoes

Water colour paints are not easy! But painting is so much fun, and I think I'll try my hand at it again. I was originally going to do this using oil pastels, and I'm sure the outcome would have been neater and brighter if I had used them, but I haven't touched water colour paints since long, long ago so i decided to give them a shot. Also this painting has so many different meanings and can be seen in so many different ways that even I'm hesitant of titling it. And having struggled with this painting, I have immense respect for the hen--painting is clearly your forte.

PS. Today is the panicky-spanish playwright's big day! It's worthy of a mention on LAME! Even if he has displayed a behaviour toward his art that is anything but lazy. =) 


2 comments:

  1. I LOVE IT!! the sky is sleeping peacefully while the earth is in chaos..or the sky is looking down on the earth. and i like the yellow twinkling stars the best.

    your work has more meaning than mine already and its truly zebraish =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wheres Chimp's work???? im waiting for his kitchen masterpiece.

    ReplyDelete